Youth Open Shop – See Our Youth Calendar For Program Hours
- Youth attending Ypen Shop can choose to work independently on their bicycle, volunteer to earn shop credit which is redeemable for parts and accessories, or attend that night’s Earn-A-Bike class
- Each week a different mechanical topic is covered in class. Youth participating in the program complete a checklist of six classes in order to earn a free bike
- The program also includes weekend bicycle rides and weekend community service projects that give youth additional opportunities to earn shop credit
- For a calendar of events and Earn-A-Bike classes, please visit our Youth Calendar
- The Earn-A-Bike Program is free and open to all youth 8 – 18 years old living in the Wilmington area, and is generously funded by the Chichester duPont Foundation
School/Organization Earn-A-Bike – For More Information Click Here
- Students spend 10 weeks refurbishing a bicycle while developing basic mechanics skills, practicing problem-solving, and learning how to ride their bicycles safely
- Students who graduate the program keep their refurbished bicycles and receive helmets free of charge
- Programs are available to all Wilmington area schools and youth organizations
- Scheduling is flexible to accommodate your organization’s calendar
- For more information about program curriculum, pricing, and scholarships, or if you are interested in hosting an Earn-A-Bike Program, please contact Laura Wilburn at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the “For Schools and Organizations” section of our website.
- School Earn-A-Bike programs are generously funded by WILMAPCO through a joint grant for Urban Bike Project and the CORE Initiative.